Find out all the rewards and challenges in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta, including both weekends and whether the rewards carry over to the full game.
Posted on September 16, 2022
Activision revealed a ton of information during the Call of Duty: Next event, and with the start of Modern Warfare 2 beta weekends, fans can’t wait to get started. During the Modern Warfare 2 beta, players can earn various rewards by leveling up and completing numerous challenges.
This article describes the Modern Warfare 2 beta challenges and all the rewards players can acquire. We’re also confirming whether rewards earned in the beta will carry over to the full release of Modern Warfare 2 on October 28.
Modern Warfare 2 Beta Daily Challenges
There are a few progression systems in Modern Warfare 2, namely weapon deck progression and player rank, i.e. player levels. To rank up faster, players can complete challenges for lots of XP.
In the Modern Warfare 2 beta, players can experience the progression system and complete daily challenges.
Check out the Daily Challenge categories and examples in the Modern Warfare 2 beta below, according to an official Activision post.
- General Challenges –These are considered to be the “simpler” challenges that may not require much of a change in playstyle. Examples: getting 15 kills while aiming, getting 8 long range kills, or winning 1 match in any what fashion.
- Weapon Challenges – These are tailored to specific weapon categories – if you have a favorite weapon platform, you might find it easy to complete them by simply modifying a receiver to meet the challenge. Otherwise, it encourages you to try new weapons. Examples: Get 5 headshots with an SMG, get 5 Sniper Kills.
- Special Challenges – These are a little more specific and encourage exploration with new gear, field upgrades, or other features. Examples: getting 2 kills using Dead Silence, getting a Drill Charge Kill.
If you manage to complete all three daily challenges in Modern Warfare 2, a bonus challenge will unlock.
This challenge rewards three times the XP compared to a normal daily challenge and, unlike a standard daily challenge, has two objectives.
Note that you only need to complete one of the two objectives to earn the huge amount of XP from the Modern Warfare 2 bonus challenge.
Activision explains and gives an example: “A “separate” objective that allows you to progress towards one of the two objectives. Once one of the two objectives is achieved, the bonus challenge XP reward is given. Example: get 12 kills long term OR 2 kills with Dead Silence – complete either to complete the bonus challenge.
So why do you want to complete these COD Modern Warfare 2 beta challenges? Well, because they will help you rank up and earn awesome rewards.
Modern Warfare 2 beta rewards and ranks required
To get all of the Modern Warfare 2 beta rewards, you need to reach Rank 30, which requires 290,000 XP.
There are two beta weekends, and the first is exclusive to PlayStation. However, those who don’t play the first Modern Warfare 2 beta weekend can still unlock everything if they do so on the second weekend.
The first Beta Weekend lets you unlock rewards up to Rank 15, while the second Beta Weekend lets you unlock rewards up to Rank 30.
Check out the biggest Modern Warfare 2 beta rewards and player rank required to unlock below:
- Rank 2 (3,000 XP) –
- Rank 4 (10,500 XP) –
- Rank 6 (25,000 XP) –
- Rank 10 (45,000 XP) –
- Rank 15 (87,500 XP) –
- Rank 18 (119,000 XP) – Operator Skin: “Collision” (Horangi)
- Rank 19 (130,500 XP) – Weapon vinyl (sticker): “No competition”
- Rank 21 (155,000 XP) – Weapon sticker: “Safety First”
- Rank 26 (225,000 XP) – Vehicle wrapping: “Floor It” (APC)
- Rank 30 (290,000 XP) – Weapon Blueprint: “Frontal Impact” (Assault Rifle)
Our next section explains why it’s worth spending as much time as possible on the COD Modern Warfare 2 beta.
Are MW2 beta rewards delayed until release?
We’re going to keep this section short and sweet. Rewards unlocked during the Modern Warfare 2 Beta carry over to the main game. Yes, you will be able to access all the rewards you unlocked during the beta once Modern Warfare 2 is released on October 28, 2022.
If you couldn’t watch it live, check out the action-packed Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 trailer below.
▶” allow=” accelerometer; automatic reading; encrypted media; gyroscope; picture in picture” class=ezlazyload>
So there you have it, all the types of challenges players can complete during Modern Warfare 2 beta weekends and the rewards they can reap. Good luck and stay frosty!
For more on the ever-popular FPS franchise, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty News, Updates, Guides, Features, and more!
Image courtesy of Activision.
Written by Wessel Minnie
As Acting Editor of GINX, Wessel researches the latest content for our readers. When he’s not working, he watches esports tournaments, repeatedly dies in Soulsborne titles, and plans to spend another 100 hours in Stardew Valley.